For centuries, Christians around the world have used the four weeks leading up to Christmas to prepare themselves for celebrating the birth of Jesus. This preparatory season is known as Advent.
Christmas is around the corner; a good opportunity to prepare for advent! Read more about advent here.
As Christmas tunes start to play, how can you not get in the mood!
What’s your favourite Christmas carol or worship song? What’s your go to album when it comes to setting the festive vibes?
Our resident music minister, Jessie’s favourite album is Paul Baloche Christmas Worship. A brilliant mashup of traditional carol and contemporary worship song.
We know it is early to be thinking of gifts! In the pursuit of a thoughtful Advent, we would like to share a few places to spend your gift-hunting time.
Here are some resources that you could use throughout Advent.
1. Sydney’s Lara Beeston has created the Names of Jesus Advent Calendar
2. John Piper has a free 25 day devotional for download, The Dawning of Indestructible Joy
3. Paul Tripp’s book Come Let us Adore Him: A Daily Advent Devotional, has questions at the end of each day to ask children. The study could be used on your own or for family devotions with your teens.
4. Ann Voskamp’s ‘Unwrapping the Greatest Gift’ helps families to explore daily scripture readings, discussion questions and meaningful advent activities.
5. Jesus Storybook Bible Advent guide can be printed from home.
What’s your favourite resource to help you prepare for Christ’s birth?